Friday, June 5, 2009

2 Recipes...

I love reading other people's blogs to find good recipes. I thought I would post a couple that I made today. Especially good for the summertime!

Firecracker Chicken
(I made that name up. I am sure it had name originally, but I do not know what it is.)
My sis gave me this recipe and we have had it several times!
4 large chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon
1 block of cream cheese
jalapenos, fresh or jarred
Italian salad dressing
Trim the chicken and slice each breasts across the middle as if to butterfly it and make a pocket inside. Mix chopped jalapenos and cream cheese. Add as many jalapenos as you would like. We like a lot! Stuff each breast with a few tablespoonfuls of the mixture. Wrap each breast with 2 slices of bacon and secure with skewers or toothpicks. Marinate in Italian dressing for a few hours. Cook on grill until fully cooked. I think I always do medium temp. to make sure they get cooked all of the way through and so I don't burn the bacon.
(This is not the best pic, but I tried. I looks a little crispy, but that is how we like it:)

Strawberry Pie
An old Watkins summer tradition from my Great Aunt Jo.
Shortbread already made pie crust
1 box of fresh strawberries
1 small box of strawberry jello
1 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1 1/2 c water
Cool Whip for topping
Mix sugar and cornstarch together in small bowl. Add this to water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk regularly until it boils and becomes thick and clear. (Doesn't take long!) Whisk in the jello mix. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to allow it to cool. After it has cooled, add sliced strawberries. Pour into crust and refrigerate for a few hours. Add cool whip after it has set or right before serving.

3 comments:

The Junods said...

I'll take that for my welcome home dinner! Delish!! Nice work Ash. I've never mastered the pie but need to try again!

Kampen Family said...

THANK YOU! I've been craving strawberry pie ever since I was pregnant with Mackenzie 2 years ago!!

Six Halls said...

Thanks for the recipes. Can't wait to try them. The pictures look like somthing out of a cookbook!