Monday, January 16, 2012

Girly Getaway!

Sarah and I made a trip to Austin to visit our dear friend, Lindsay, who moved there last summer. Our first stop was to see my college bff and roommate, Amanda, and her new baby boy, Abel! What a little pumpkin he is looking just like his big bro and his mama!

Big bro, Rhett, was napping most of the time, but I was able to squeeze this cute little bed-head before we left.
Lindsay shipped her husband Jeremy and two cute kids off to her in-laws and we enjoyed a relaxing weekend EATING, talking A LOT, sleeping and just catching up! Friday night we enjoyed some Mexican food at The Oasis.
Saturday we slept late and then headed to see some Austin highlights. We choose our lunch spot based on Jeremy's recommendation and seemed popular since the line was long (like one full hour to get in the door)! With no kids and no schedule, we didn't care! It was worth the wait for some HopDoddy's burgers! Don't judge the size of Lindsay's and my burger! We are both feeding two, ha!
We checked out the food trailers and got a cupcake from Hey Cupcake!

We are not really pedi girls, considering no one had had one in 6 months or so, but we enjoyed thoroughly!

Saturday night we chatted more, pigged out again and chuckled at the Miss America pageant! I had to make them check out the Tebow (I mean, Denver:) score too. Sunday morning we ate breakfast at yummy little cafe close to Lindsay's house and then Sarah and I headed back to Dallas. It was precious time with two precious friends that I cherish so much! We missed our 6 kids and husbands but time with my lady friends was such a blessing!

Thank you to Honey for loving on my babes the first night we were gone! Dave was supposed to go hunting all weekend, but unfortunately got cancelled and he had the babes the second night. I came home to my sweet family and a spic and span house on Sunday, what a guy?!!!

1 comment:

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

such cute pictures!!! so glad you got to get away and spend some time with those sweet friends!!! you look beautiful in all the pics!!!