Thursday, June 7, 2012

B.W.H. is One Month!

Well...technically he is now almost 6 weeks!! But I took these pics at one month. The first month with our little pumpkin has flown by! I hardly remember what is was like before he was here. Boone has overall been a very sweet and easy going baby. We have had our moments of he is hungry or wanting to be held, big sister and brother need dinner or a bath and Daddy is at spring football practice! Yikes! But we only had a few of those and with lots of grandparent help and now Daddy around a lot more we are doing good. I am so thankful in the timing of Boone's arrival of the end of the school year.  Thank you Lord for this blessing!  The big kids (which I continue to call big, who really aren't that big) are able to get more time with us and it is nice not to have a strict schedule to hurry out the door for.   I've always felt like the first 8 weeks or so are the most difficult with a newborn. It is such an adjustment for everyone and just trying to figure out what works for your baby can be trying.  All of that to say that I am so thankful for my extremely hard working, hands-on, servant of a husband! I would be going a little crazy without my perfect partner! 

Stuff I want to remember about Boone's first month...

-Sleeps well in his carrier. Poor thing is in there a lot, but doesn't seem to mind yet.
-I've been known to go run an errand with B in the carrier just to be sure you get a good nap in.
-Anna is crazy about Boone and still loves to hold him. Some favorite things she says to him in a VERY high, sweet voice "hello little handsome," "i'm your big sister," "hey buuuuuuddy."

-Boone loves the swing. He sleeps through a lot of racket while swingin' away in the living room.
-B loves to be swaddled and is swaddled about 20 hours a day!
-He naps 3 or 4 times a day. I get at least one 3 hour nap and the others are about 1 or 2 hours. 
-B spits up more than A or G ever did. It's not every feeding and sometimes it doesn't happen all day. But other times it is projectile across the room which always surprises me. 
-We think he may have a little reflux but Prevacid is helping.
-No smiles yet, but I know he is on the verge.
-B normally wakes up twice during the night.
-I've started putting him to bed around 8pm and he wakes up around 1am and then again around 4 or 5am. Sometimes you only wake up once and occasionally wake up 3 times:(.
-At night, he has gotten so much faster at eating, which makes mama happy.
-He takes a bottle well, which also makes mama happy.
-We are in size 1 diapers and 0-3 clothes. No more newborn.
-B looks identical to his big bro! Even has the "old man hair" like he did at this age. 
-G loves his little bro and has handled the transition well. This is something I prayed about for a long time. G has become a lot more independent, loves playing with his best playmate, his sis, and loves to tell people "Boone has my hair!"

Boone- Your sister and brother weren't too difficult, but you are the champion baby in the Hall house! Keep it up, Buddy! So thankful for our precious blessing, B.W.H.!

No comments: