Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cowtown Marathon!

My incredible husband ran his second marathon last weekend at the Cowtown in Fort Worth. The same day we celebrated Anna's second birthday, Papa, Anna and I went to support Dave as he crossed the finish line. Unless you have run a marathon yourself or have lived with someone who has trained for one, you do not quite understand the amount of commitment, time, energy, endurance and dedication it takes! Dave has all of these qualities and more. He never pushes the snooze button, never misses a workout and does 99% of his running why we are all asleep so it does not take time away from our family. I am so proud of Dave for the months of hardwork that paid off for his great race last weekend. He ran 26.2 miles in 3 hours and 59 minutes, which is FAST by the way!! Here are a few pics from our morning.
Papa and Anna watching for Dave

Here he came and there he went!! I am so horrible! I bent down for a few seconds to get Anna a snack out of her bag and then heard my dad yelling that Dave was coming. I couldn't get my camera up fast enough to take a pic of him coming in, but got a few of him after he passed us and headed to the finish line.


A pooped Dave! Wouldn't you be after 26.2 miles!
Anna sharing her snacks with Dad.




No comments: