Friday, September 10, 2010

Bubble Pizza, PB Brownies and a teacher gift...

I wanted to share a few easy peasy recipes and a thrifty teacher gift idea.
First off...
Bubble Pizza!
My sister sent me this recipe a long time ago and I made it then and then kind of forgot about it. It is so easy, quick, cheap and tasty!
What you need:
2 cans biscuits, not Grands, just regular smaller sized biscuits (mine came in a pack of 4 cans together)
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 bag of grated mozzerala (2 cups)
Any pizza meat or veggies you like. I used turkey pepperoni and half of one bell peper and half of one onion.
I cooked the chopped pepper and onion in a pan.
If you use ground beef/hamburger, cook it thoroughly first.
Cut the each biscuit into 4 pieces.
In a large bowl, combine biscuits, sauce, meat and veggies and put into 9x13 pan. You can also cook this in a bundt pan and it looks prettier. (I put the veggies only on half, so I put them on top after I poured it in the pan.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Add cheese on top and Bake for 10 more minutes.
Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Brownies!
Bake a brownie mix (family size to fit 9x13 pan) according to directions on the box.
Allow to cool. Mix half a can of store bought vanilla icing with a big spoonful of peanut butter and spread on top. Add any topping you like chocolate chips, crushed reeses, crushed cookies or you could melt chocolate chips and do a drizzle. Easy and so good!
I saw something similar to this on a blog a long time ago and wanted to try it.
Here is what you need: Goo Gone, bottle of hand sanitzer that has removable labels, stickers, ribbons. If you wanted to do this for a holiday gift (Christmas, Valentines) look for stickers and ribbon to go with that. I got the stickers in the scrapbook sections at Hobby Lobby.

Remove the labels on the bottle and then use Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky stuff. Wash the bottle with soap and water and dry completely. Decorate with stickers and ribbons.

Here they are ready to take to school on the first day. The tag said something cheesy like "Keep the germs away and have a great first day!"
This was an inexpensive teacher gift that I am sure will get used at school. It's always fun to love on the awesome ladies that love on your child all day!

2 comments:

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Ashley strikes again!! SOOO cute! I love the sanitizer bottle idea... and of course the food looks YUMMY! I am so excited... I am obsessed with hand sanitizer for obvious reason... you could even do it by season... SO fun! Love it! Can you tell I'm getting excited?! Oh my... the little things, right?! Hope y'all are well!!

Katie and Justin Cox said...

OH! And congrats on your new lil business! Your cake balls are SO pretty!