Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Competition update...

I am sure this is going to backfire, but so far Anna Lou is dominating the competition! There have been very few "fouls" committed and her "coach" is awfully proud of her. Ok, enough with the sporty puns! Day 1 had a few tiny accidents and one not so tiny accident:). But I really felt like she was getting it. I did ask her 999 times if she needed to go, so today, Day 2, I thought I might ease up to about 499 and she seemed to get it still. She has told me several times that she needs to go, and sometimes she goes a lot and sometimes just a tiny dribble. Oh well, we are making progress! We had ZERO accidents today! Yay!!! And we made one quick trip to Target because I was about to get looney from staying home the past 2 days straight. At Target, she went in the big potty which made her very nervous! With a nice little reward that was promised, she proceeded to do her business! The m&m's still have their zing and I hope continue to work! I might venture out a little more tomorrow. I really am pleasantly surprised with this process. I definitely believe it is 99% the kid and 1% the mom or dad. I know some kids are easy with this and some struggle. I do think it helps that she is almost 2 1/2, a girl and it is just her personality to please us. Hopefully she sticks with it and we get "one for the win column!"